When Steel Blue was first established in 1995, we aimed to be the best, rather than just the biggest. Now we’re both!
Thanks to a series of clever innovations, such as our Trisole® Comfort Technology and Ortho Rebound® Footbed, we’ve become Australia’s leading supplier of work boots, offering premium safety, durability and our unmatched 100% Comfort Guarantee.
We’ve improved industry standards for work boots
A Company of Firsts
We’re known for our innovative thinking, which continues to deliver the most comfortable, most durable work boots.
In fact, Steel Blue was the first Australian safety boot manufacturer to:
- Develop our Trisole® Comfort Technology, a multilayer sole with extremely effective cushioning and shock absorption
- Utilise a Composite Toe Cap, which is airport-friendly and more lightweight than standard safety toe caps
- Be endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
- Use PORON® in our Trisole® Comfort Technology, which is now the benchmark for safety boots
- Work with a leading manufacturer to design industrial grade zips for our Zip Sided boots, for tradies who go in and out of houses all day
- Use anti-chaff lining
- Earn European Safety Footwear Certification CE EN ISO 20345 and USA Safety Footwear Certification ASTM F2413
- Offer a 30-Day 100% Comfort Guarantee on all Steel Blue boots
- Dedicate a range of boots to raise money for charities – our Pink & Purple Boots for Breast Cancer Care WA and our Blue Boots for Beyond Blue